Chassis number: 1
Engine no: 1246
In 1931, in the thirty years anniversary of its foundation, Fabbrica Automobili Isotta Fraschini decides to donate to Ford a car to be exhibited in its Museum, in Dearborn. However, the car in question is not one of the impressive 8-cylinder from those years, but the first Isotta ever built, chassis number one.
The car is a little small voiturette remained without the body after has been completed in the chassis and in mechanic in 1901. It has been built up following the Renault Type D and used its engine: a De Dion-Bouton single-cylinder. The chassis went to United States in July 1931 and is showed in the Henry Ford Museum until the 80s', when it is put on sale.
After more than 110 years from its construction, the car has never been restored, and the patina of time makes it even more outstanding.
Cylinders: De Dion-Bouton monocylinder
Displacement: 499 cc
Power: 5 HP
Chantilly Arts & Elegance 2014
Concorso di London-Brighton Veteran Car Run 2015 (Most Historic Veteran Car)
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance 2017